Wanderlust with ALS: Top Destinations I've Been To and Want to Go To



Traveling is an exciting way to explore the world and experience new things. As someone who has had the privilege to visit many destinations, I can attest to the enriching experiences of traveling. Unfortunately, my travels became more challenging after I received an ALS diagnosis in 2017. Nonetheless, I am grateful for the memories I have created through my travels, and I hope to squeeze in a few more trips with the time I have left. In this blog post, I will share the top travel destinations I've been to and destinations I would like to visit.



Top Travel Destinations I've Been To:


  1. Oranjestad, Aruba - Visit Oranjestad to enjoy the beautiful beaches, colorful architecture, and delicious local cuisine.
  2. Playa Del Carmen, Cancun - Playa Del Carmen is a perfect destination for beach lovers who want to explore ancient Mayan ruins and enjoy the vibrant nightlife. I highly recommend an all-inclusive resort.
  3. Murrells Inlet, South Carolina - This peaceful destination offers excellent seafood, beautiful views of the marshes, and a relaxing atmosphere.
  4. New Orleans, Louisiana - New Orleans is a city of music, food, and culture. Visit the Jazz Fest, Mardi Gras, or historic architecture and unique Creole cuisine.
  5. Casper, Wyoming - The perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts, Casper offers stunning natural scenery, hiking trails, and fishing opportunities. I highly recommend booking a guided hunt with SNS Outdoors.
  6. San Diego, California - San Diego is a year-round destination with beautiful beaches, outdoor activities, and world-class attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park.
  7. Denver, Colorado - Denver is an excellent destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with skiing, hiking, biking opportunities, cultural attractions, and a thriving food and drink scene.
  8. Marigot, St. Martin - Marigot is a charming French Caribbean town that offers beautiful beaches, French cuisine, and duty-free shopping.
  9. Daytona Beach, Florida - A popular destination for beach lovers and racing fans, Daytona Beaches offers miles of white sand beaches and the iconic Daytona International Speedway.
  10. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - A classic beach vacation destination with excellent golf courses, amusement parks, and shopping opportunities. I went on vacation here every summer as a child.
  11. Las Vegas, Nevada - Las Vegas is a world-famous destination known for entertainment, nightlife, and gambling. Visitors can enjoy shows, shopping, fine dining, and exciting nightlife.
  12. Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - Pigeon Forge is a family-friendly destination that offers Dollywood, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and plenty of outdoor activities


Top Destinations I Would Like To Go To:


  1. Brooks Range, Alaska - The remote wilderness of Brooks Range is a dream destination for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers.
  2. Maui, Hawaii - Maui is a tropical paradise with stunning beaches, lush rainforests, waterfalls, and unique Hawaiian culture.
  3. Sydney, Australia - A vibrant and cosmopolitan city with iconic landmarks such as the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and beautiful beaches and parks.
  4. Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo is a fascinating city of contrasts that offers traditional culture, modern technology, and unique cuisine.
  5. Tamarindo, Costa Rica - This beautiful natural destination is known as a surfing destination with beautiful beaches, wildlife, and lush rainforests to explore.
  6. Berlin, Germany - Berlin is a fascinating city with a rich history, vibrant culture, and excellent food and drink scene.
  7. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Rio de Janeiro is a city of stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture, and beautiful beaches, making it a perfect destination for adventure seekers and beach lovers.
  8. Basel, Switzerland - Basel is a charming Swiss city with a rich history, stunning architecture, and beautiful parks and gardens.
  9. Nuuk, Greenland - The capital city offers a unique opportunity to explore the Arctic, experience Inuit culture, and witness the Northern Lights.
  10. Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives - This paradise destination is known for stunning overwater bungalows, clear blue waters, and pristine beaches.
  11. Giza, Egypt - Giza is a bucket-list destination for history lovers, offering iconic pyramids, ancient temples, and unique culture.
  12. Dublin, Ireland - Dublin is a charming city with a rich history, excellent food, drink, music scenes, and friendly locals.



Traveling and experiencing new things has been an enriching experience for me. While my travels have become more challenging since my ALS diagnosis, I am grateful for the memories I have created through my travels. I hope to squeeze in a few more trips with the time I have left. I want to continue to explore the beauty of our world.

 

 


 



Comments

  1. loved your list of sites seen and wanting to see-----but you forgot a #1 destination, which of course, is my hometown of Pittsburgh...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Six Years of ALS: Accomplishments, Heartache, and the Power of Support

Tethered to ALS: A Tale of Love, Loss, and Unbearable Struggles

Does ALS Hurt?